Wednesday, June 16, 2010

You Don't Need to Go Any Further Than Your Own Backyard


Now that summer is almost here, the temperatures are warmer and the blooms are making our gardens colorful, I am longing to spend some more quality time outside. Of course, it's a lot of fun and good exercise to get our hands in the dirt and pull some weeds. But we should also take some time to enjoy what we sow. Here are some suggestions for relaxing in your own backyard:
  1. Wake up a little early and go outside when it's still balmy and quiet. This is a great time to do some outside yoga or meditation. If that sounds too ambitious, just take your morning cup of tea or coffee outside and listen to the birds.
  2. Take a nap in a hammock. This is something I've always wanted to do. I don't have a good place to put a hammock in my yard, and I always wondered if I could really fall a sleep in a hammock. But I could definitely relax with a few good books and some lemonade.
  3. Enjoy a backyard fire. If you have a portable fire pit, light it up (it should keep the bugs away). And if you want to be a little decadent, make some s'mores.
We all dream of travel to far away places, but I think we forget to enjoy the beautiful homes, yards and gardens that we have created. So remember to take a few minutes to enjoy your own backyard and let me know your favorite ways to relax at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment