Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What I'm Using Now

This is my monthly update on the bath and body products I'm currently using:

1. L'Occitane Organic Lavender Gel: I have no idea how to pronounce L'Occitane, but I'm a sucker for anything French and anything lavender. So this works on both counts. My sister gave this to me for my birthday (OK, I told her to get it for me), but I think it's a great gift because it is simultaneously practical and luxurious. The scent is great, and it definitely does the job. Not super moisturizing though.



2. Aveda Foot Relief: This foot lotion is great because it moisturizes, exfoliates and deodorizes all at the same time. (Not that my feet need deodorizing! OK, maybe a little bit.) I am a strong believer that every day should end with exfoliation of the feet. This will really help you stretch out the time between pedicures.



3. Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey & Grapeseed Oil Hand Creme: I picked this up at my campus bookstore one winter's day when my hands were crying out for some lotion. This lotion works in a pinch, but I can't say it's my favorite. It's OK in the moisturizing department, but the honey fragrance is pretty strong. I don't hate honey, but I just don't want to be smelling it all day long (unlike lavender, see above). Also, my biggest gripe about this lotion is that there is no SPF. Hand lotion must have SPF people! Do you want to walk around with brown spots all over your perfectly manicured paws? I think not. Unfortunately I'm too cheap to just throw this away. By next month I hope to have a nice SPF product to share with you.



4. Aveeno Stress Relief Foaming Bath:You had to know I would be all over this lavender bath soak. But unfortunately it also contains chamomile and ylang-ylang oils. And something (I'm blaming the ylang-ylang) is overpowering the lavender. The first time I used this I decided I hated the scent. I tried again and it started to grow on me. But I doubt I will purchase this again. It does foam up nicely and it's not too drying, but I wouldn't say it's very moisturizing either. With the humidity in these parts, which is already out of control (people, it's only June!), I think this will work for me for now.


5. Olay Quench Advanced Healing Body Lotion: This lotion is a real workhorse. It's moisturizing without being greasy. And it smells like . . . nothing! That's exactly what I want in an everyday body lotion. No crazy scents clashing with my shower gel and/or perfume. I just wish it was in a cooler bottle since I have to have some next to my bed at all times.
So that's it! My go to products for now. What about you? Do you like (or hate) any of these? What have you been using lately to keep clean and supple?

0 comments:

Post a Comment