Thursday, June 24, 2010

Memories of a Spa: Asha SalonSpa

Streets of Woodfield in Schaumburg, IL

I have been meaning to review one of my favorite salon/spas from my Chicago days. But I started thinking about how long it has been since I've been to this salon, and I realized that I can't really review (or recommend) a place that I haven't been to in about 6 years.

But I can share my memories. Anytime I move someplace new (which used to be pretty often), I struggle with finding a new hair stylist. I have very straight hair. And while it seems that this should be the easiest kind of hair to cut, it turns out that it's actually quite difficult. Or at least hair stylists seem to make it difficult. Anyway, after going to lots of expensive salons in the Chicagoland area, I finally found nirvana at Asha SalonSpa at the Streets of Woodfield in Schaumburg. 

I think my stylist was named Angela. (I can't believe I can't remember her name.) She was the best. I could totally trust her advice about such important topics as, hair length, hair color and how to get a baby to sleep through the night. She cut the first bangs I had in years. And they were the best bangs I ever had. But enough about what's her name.

Asha was also a just a great place to have any spa or salon service done. It's an Aveda salon (I know, I'm boring you with all of my praise for Aveda), and they offered all the best perks: cucumber water, hand massages while you wait and aromatherapy neck pillows. I thought the prices were pretty reasonable, considering all of the extras.

We moved from the suburbs of Chicago to our current location, which is a town much smaller than Chicago. In my current town the haircuts are a little cheaper, but there are no perks. And I cannot find anyone who can cut bangs the way that Angela could. I finally just grew them out. (Although in fairness, I have not asked my current hair stylist to try. Maybe this fall, I will see if she is up to the challenge.)

Anyway, if you are in the Chicago area, you might want to check out an Asha SalonSpa. Let me know if you do. I wold love a full report.

P.S. I was just playing around on the Asha website and noticed that they now have a Kids Care room. How cool is that?

1 comments:

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

It is always good to hear reviews about top places in the major cities from people who have gone and not just reading a glowing review in a magazine. When I moved from Portland to a smaller town, it took me a while to find a salon/spa that was comparable to the experience I had in the city. Actually, it has taken two places to replace my favorite regular salon/spa in Portland. But whatever works for the sake of beauty right? =)

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend and hopefully enjoying some gorgeous summer sun. =)

Post a Comment