Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wellness Wednesday: PT to the Rescue, I Hope

Reeve41462Image by otisarchives4 via Flickr

So despite all of my yoga and my occasional foray into Pilates, my lower back has been killing me. My husband got sick of hearing about it, so I went to the doctor. He sent me to the physical therapist, which is what I was hoping for.

So far, so good. She gave me some very specific target stretches and strengthening exercises, which really do seem to be helping (although I'm still early in the process). Even though my back pain was probably pretty minor compared to what many people go through, it was really getting to be an annoyance. I really didn't like the idea of not being able to do things because of my back. I may be middle-aged, but I'm too young to just give up. And I have small children I need to keep up with.

Several people have expressed skepticism that there is much you can do for back pain or that physical therapists really work, but my experience has been positive so far. Do any of you have experience with physical therapy? What about pack pain? Do you think it's possible to ever get rid of it? Here's hoping that I'll be back in fighting shape soon.

Daily Randomness: Check out the blog Unhappy Hipsters: It's Lonely in the Modern World. Hilarious!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment